In this episode, we discuss the values of remote work. We also cover the pros & cons of remote working, as well as share pro tips for conquering remote employment for tech companies.
Top sites for finding a Remote Job
Office equipment that Ken & Eli use
More Affordable Options:
Every 20 min, take 20-30 seconds to break from Screens & focus on something far away “20 feet” or refocus.. meditate, stretch, stand up!!
Directory of companies & conference going remote (virtual) in times of COVID-19, aka the Coronavirus outbreak
Get in Touch
If you have a topic that you would want us to cover, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Episode topic break-down
- 00:00 Intro & Music
- 00:20 Welcome to the podcast
- 01:20 Ken talks about his Remote working journey
- 03:00 Eli tells his path into Remote work
- 04:00 Where do you start with Remote work?
- 04:20 Where do you find Remote jobs?
- 05:40 The importance of Networking
- 06:50 Is Remote work right for me?
- 07:40 What companies look for when hiring remote employees
- 08:00 Investing into your remote office / equipment / supplies
- 09:40 Things that companies provide for in-person employees
- 11:00 Should companies invest into remote equipment?
- 12:20 Discuss ideal home office equipment
- 14:00 Does remote work mean working from home?
- 15:00 Remote + PTO = Travel flexibility
- 17:00 Time saving perks of remote work
- 18:00 Perks for companies to hire remote employees
- 18:30 Perks of working different time zones
- 19:10 Pets at home office & providing emotional support
- 20:00 Ken talks about the flexibility he gets as a remote employee
- 21:20 Saving time & money
- 22:00 The Cons of remote work
- 24:00 How companies work along partial remote employees
- 26:00 Tips for conquering remote work
- 27:00 Pros / Cons for companies that have remote employees
- 30:00 Tips for keeping companies / mangers happy while working remote
- 31:00 Dedicated office space is vital + set boundaries
- 33:30 Routines, routines, routines
- 36:00 Scheduled reminders are key
- 38:00 The 20/20/20 Rule
- 39:20 How to present yourself as a remote worker
- 40:30 Culture convos/conversations - build trust & transparency with your remote team
- 42:40 Rapid Fire Questions
- 48:00 Closing thoughts
- 49:00 Episode wrap-up
- 49:40 Outro & Music